I love to read, but caring for three kids under three can make it difficult to record and share the books that I’ve most enjoyed. This year I’m joining Modern Mrs. Darcy for the 2016 Reading Challenge. In order to complete the challenge, I will read 12 books in 12 different categories over the course of 12 months.
The categories and my selections are as follows:
- a book published this year
- The Restaurant Critic’s Wife by Elizabeth LaBan
- a book you can finish in a day
- The Small Backs of Children by Lidia Yuknavitch
- a book you’ve been meaning to read
- a book recommended by your local librarian and or bookseller
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
- a book you should have read in school
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- a book chosen for you by your spouse, partner, sibling, child, or BFF
- Holy Sex!: A Catholic Guide to Toe-Curling, Mind-Blowing, Infallible Loving by Gregory K. Popcak
- a book published before you were born
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- a book that was banned at some point
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- a book you previously abandoned
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- a book that you own but have never read
- On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft by Stephen King
- a book that intimidates you
- a book you’ve already read at least once
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
I’m really looking forward to several of these selections and pondering the prudence of the inclusion of a few others. I downloaded the first novel this evening. If you’re a fellow book lover looking to have a little fun, come join the challenge! I’d love to hear what you are reading this year 🙂 Anne of Modern Mrs. Darcy will be using the hashtags #MMDchallenge and #MMDreading on twitter and instagram.
What book are you most looking forward to reading in 2016?
What book are you finally going to checking off the list?