Summer time is one of my favorite times of the year to enjoy our Mother Goose Time Preschool Curriculum. The activities are portable and flexible enough that they can be done outside or inside if the weather gets too hot or wet. Last year we loved Nature Detectives and Fables and Folktales. This year we are looking forward to playing with The Art Studio in July and the Science Lab in August! If you are already gearing up for next year – here’s a quick peak at the themes for 2016-2017!
The Art Studio is set up differently from many of the themes you may have enjoyed reading about here during the school year. The twenty day program is organized like an art summer camp! During the camp, we will learn about some different artist techniques and then head off to France, England, and Holland to learn about some amazing artists and their most famous works!
The Lesson Plan Books
We will be painting with inspiration from Monet, Van Gogh, and Picasso, while learning more about their home countries. We will be experimenting with a variety of artistic techniques including printmaking, pointillism, mixing colors, cubism, stenciling, and chalk art. We will be creating our own art museum filled with a self portrait, a mural, framed landscape paintings, Starry Night door hangers, Coat of Arms with sword, and a 3-D European Castle!
The lesson plan books describe every activity in detail. For younger children, ages 15 months to 2 1/2 years, the toddler supplement, Little Goose is available to help explain how to best adapt the activities.
Teacher Resource Bag
In addition to the Lesson Plan Books, the teacher resource bag also has a variety of tools to help keep you organized, so the kids can focus on learning and having fun!
Look and Find Posters with Famous Paintings
Daily Shapes and Easel Poster
Each day comes with a bag full of fun activities and supplies. In each bag there is a collection of shapes. The activities for the day are written on the shapes. After you review the activities for the day with the kids, you can tape the shapes on the Easel Poster. Remove them as each activity is completed to help you and the kids keep track of how your day is shaping up!
In each day bag there are 6 shapes for each of the 6 activities.
- Feather Activity – Focus on core values including discipline, integrity, resourcefulness, contentment, and generosity.
- Game – Let those active preschoolers run off some energy and play these games outside or inside
- Art Project – Create art experiences that result in masterpieces that can be displayed in a museum at the end of camp.
- Story or Song – Spur imagination with fun stories, silly songs, and finger plays.
- Around the World Activity – Learn about Europe with tasty recipes, flags, and famous artwork!
- Money – Learn about wants and needs, while gaining a better understanding of where money comes from and the importance of spending, saving, and giving wisely.
Money Kit Contents
- Smart Saver Certificate
- Play Dollars – 20 per sheet – Kids earn money for completing the daily activities.
- Pockets (Spend, Save, Give) – Kids have to spend money for supplies for the next day and decide what to do with the extra money; spend, save, or give.
- Emergency Cube – Each day one child’s name is drawn with an unexpected problem that may require using money from savings or borrowing money.
- Money Shapes – Encourage kids to think through the need to spend, save, earn, and give money.
- Build – a – Bank Poster – Provide kids a visual representation of how to use money wisely.
- Needs and Wants Cards
**Falco, the featherless bird comes with a participation story about a bird that flies around the world looking for adventure. Each of the key values is found on a different colored feather that Falco can use or lose during the story.
- Falco the Featherless Bird Story
- FLY Feathers
- Falco Sketch
Create your own pages and work together to create a cover page to make a scrapbook each week.
What are your plans for the summer?
As a blog ambassador for Mother Goose Time, I am happy to share preschool curriculum ideas, activities, and crafts with my readers. Mother Goose Time provides our family the opportunity to use their curriculum free of charge in exchange for honest and authentic stories based on our personal experience.