Parents the world over get tired of the question, “Why”?
Some “Why”s are more important than others.
The “Why” that follows a command or an order from a parent can often be one of the most frustrating to answer, but also one of the most important.
Just as we ask our children to follow us and our directions in an effort to keep them safe and happy, so too does God give us commandments and guidance to live a good and happy life!
This simple, but effective exercise can help preschool children recognize that they are loved by their parents and by God and that rules exist to keep them safe and well!
Ask: Why do parents tell us when we do something wrong?
- masking tape
- Write these words on separate pieces of paper:
- dangerous snake, and
- Add more if desired.
- Tape a circle path on the floor with masking tape.
- Explain that children must walk along the tape path until they see a slip of paper.
- The adult holds up and reads the words on the paper.
- If it is something dangerous, children stay on the tapeline.
- If it is not dangerous, they can run and play on the inside of the tape circle.
We must listen to God and our parents because they want us to stay safe.
If we follow God’s direction, he will guide us to love and safety.
The image below is perfect for saving on Pinterest!
This activity is inspired by Experience God, a Christian based curriculum from Mother Goose Time.
Each month Experience God provides Christian preschool activities, lesson plans, family activities, and an optional craft kit to help children know God.