This post is part of the Balanced challenge with Tricia Goyer—and you can join, too!
March 18: Make Today Amazing (Chapter Eight)
Take one of my tips to make today amazing (toward the end of the chapter in Balanced) and implement it today. Did you notice a difference in your attitude? What changed? Blog about it!
Today, I’ll be playing the part of Dori, a little blue fish with no idea where she is or where she is going and an uncanny ability to call people anything other than their correct name. Fortunately, Dori can speak fluent whale and is not afraid to ask for direction. If this sounds completely crazy, don’t worry just watch “Finding Nemo” and the world will make sense to you again. Like Dori, I often feel as though I’m floundering along and must remember to listen for the small, but steady voice of God to guide me.
In her eBook, Balanced, Tricia Goyer includes the words of Peter Marshall, “Give us the faith to believe that when God wants us to do or not to do any particular thing, God finds a way of letting us know.” Tricia herself notes that, “Many times Jesus taps you on the shoulder when you’re busy doing other stuff.” This couldn’t have been more true for me this week. As a participant in this challenge I have been working hard on clearing my mind and believing that if I listen and open myself up to God’s message that I will hear him. In the unlikeliest of times, dancing with my kids to Richard’s Sweatin to the Oldies (yes, I actually do this – the 19 month old loves it!) I finally gained the clarity I was looking for with regards to my writing. AMEN!
To make today amazing and open my heart to the word’s of Jesus I did the following:
- Thanked God for letting me wake up and have another day with my amazing family.
- Kissed my husband and asked him about his day.
- Spent time with my devotional and prioritized prayer in my schedule.
- Thanked God for my abilities and gifts and asked for support with my weaknesses.
- Hugged my family and told them how much I appreciated them and loved them.
- Requested a book for review that discusses the art of meditation; a process I long to master.
- Greatly increased the size of my donation bag for Goodwill.
What made you day amazing?
What were you doing when God tapped you on the shoulder?