Like many of us I have a little girl fascinated with the idea of being a princess.
And I’m fine with this as long as she embraces it in a way that allows her to see more, do more, and be more.
After all as a daughter in God’s Kingdom, she truly is a princess.
I also have young sons of God riveted by fairy tales and other good stories.
A good story is so valuable.
Stories help us remember a message, an event, and perhaps most importantly help us share a connection to each other and to God.
Jesus knew this.
He knew that by laying out the bible as a series of stories (originally told by word of mouth) that His message would last generations. The stories would be told and retold.
As parents, it is our time to tell these stories to our children.
There are lots of kid bibles out there and many of them are very good.
There are also some purists who claim that you should only read directly from the bible.
I find the best way to share the stories of the bible is by reading the ones that results in the kids really hearing the stories, learning the stories, believing the stories, and sharing the stories.
The Bible is not a fairy tale.
Every great story happened once upon a time.
Once Upon a Time Storybook Bible does a fabulous job of telling some of the most important stories of the Old and New Testaments in an engaging manner.
My favorite part of the the bible stories is that each contains a segment at the end called “Happily Ever After.”
When reading bible stories with children, it’s so easy to get overwhelmed by many horrors, violence, and death. It can be easy to forget that it was all for a much higher purpose, one that makes heaven and everlasting life a possibility for all of us.
Truly a Happily Ever after if ever there was one!
I love that these bible series reminds us with each story that there was a purpose in Jesus coming and that there is a joy in life, both here and eternally.
- 18 stories of the Old Testament
- 15 stories of the New Testament
- Gorgeous stories highlighting simple bible verse.
- Happily Ever After section focused on the joy and comfort found in God’s message.
- An easy to read, beautiful illustrated bible in the same theme as the storybook bible.
- Includes the full-text of the bestselling New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) translation.
- Index of 92 bible stories
- Highlights 6 great stories of the Bible in full-color tip-in pages (6 stories, which each told on 4 illustrated pages).
- Really helps transition early readers to a true bible format and helps find the stories they know and love in an full length bible
I hope you enjoy sharing this bible with your children.